Monday, June 14, 2010

Introduction

Well, here we are. Summer is almost here and the kids are almost out of school. Like most parents, you may be wondering what you are going to do with the kids for the next 2 months.


Hopefully, I can help. I am a proud mother of two boys, 5 (almost 6) and 3. Over the course of the summer I hope to experience some of the fun things Winnipeg (and perhaps surrounding area) has to do for families. I will share my experiences, and maybe even post a tip or two to make the summer a little less stressful.


Today, after lunch, I took the boys to the playgroud at St. Vital park. We brought a blanket and a snack and let them go. There is a big playstructure, several swings, a smaller playstructure or the little ones and a sandbox. Oh yeah...and a bathroom.


Of course, St. Vital park has much more to offer. There is a duck pond, fitness trails, picnic areas, flower gardens and lots of trails.


Here's my first tip. Have a bag prepacked. I think one of the large reuseable grocery bags would work fine. Keep in it a blanket, sunscreen, bug spray and hand sanitizer. I may even keep mine in the back of the car. If your kids need some sand toys, keep a few of them too. All you need is a snack or picnic lunch and you are ready to roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment