Thursday, July 15, 2010

Playground on River and Donald


What a morning! OK. So, we were supposed to meet up with friends at the playground on River. Not exactly sure where I was going I headed north through Osborne to get to River. On the way, I had two realizations. First, I was almost out of gas. Second, I forgot my purse. (But remembered our picnic lunch)

So after back tracking I finally made it to River. Spending most of my times in the suburbs, one tends to forget the maze created by one-way streets and perpetual construction. A friendly pedestrian directed me to the playground but found myself, once again, swearing at the one-way sign, while pointing at the playground crossing the Donald Street Bridge.

Once again, I am heading in the right direction, but an dangerously low on gas. I stop, fill up and go on my way and FINALLY make it to the park, albeit, 20 minutes late.

The park was nice. It has a playstructure, a set of big and baby swings, sandbox, and see-saw. There was a bit of graffiti, but all in all, not bad. The boys had a lovely time and we enjoyed a picnic lunch.

As it turns out, this was NOT the park I was supposed to go to. Buy, hey; who it's up for a little adventure once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment